telangana kanti velugu scheme 2022 or Free Universal Eye Check Up programme, eye camps will be held in various districts of Telangana to treat eye ailments of 3.5 cr citizens, free spectacles and surgeries to treat eyes disorders, 38 lakh already benefited ుగు 2021
Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme 2022
Telangana government has launched the Kanti Velugu scheme to achieve the “avoidable blindness free” status. In this free complete eye check-up scheme, the government will conduct universal eye screening of citizens for treatment of refractive errors, cataract and other diseases. Also in this Light for Eyes programme, the concerned authorities will create a database of eye health profile of citizens linked to Aadhaar number. All services will be provided absolutely free of cost to benefit 3.50 crore residents.
The Kanti Velugu program will also include distribution of spectacles and surgeries for the treatment of various eye disorders. Chief Minister KCR had launched this Universal Eye Screening program in Malkapur villages of Medak district on the 72nd Independence Day i.e. 15th August 2018. As per the official data, the Kanti Velugu scheme helped 38 lakh beneficiaries in Telangana till December 2020. Overall, 23,43,642 persons benefited from the reading glasses given as part of the scheme. GHMC, Self Help Groups and other revenue officials will distribute eye check slips just like distribution of voter slips. Eye camps will be organized in different areas of the state for universal eye care.
Also Read: Telangana Rythu Vedika Scheme
This free eye check-up scheme is the first of its kind to benefit 3.50 crore citizens in the country. In this Kanti Velugu scheme, eye examination of citizens for treatment of refractive errors, cataract and other diseases. The scheme also includes distribution of spectacles and surgeries for the treatment of eye disorders.
Objectives of Free Eye Checkup Scheme
The main objectives of this Kanti Velugu Yojana are as follows:-
- Universal eye check-up and vision test for all citizens of the state.
- In case of refraction errors, glasses will be provided free of charge.
- Surgery will be conducted in case of Cataract, Glaucoma, Retinopathy, Corneal disorder.
- For Vitamin A deficiency and eye infections, medicines will be provided free of cost.
- Educating people on prevention of serious eye diseases.
All the services provided are absolutely free. This Kanti Velugu scheme will provide benefits to all the residents irrespective of their socio-economic status. Even a 30-day-old baby can be treated for retinoblastoma. This is a necessary step as around 30% to 40% of the citizens in the state are suffering from eye problems.
Also Read: Telangana Sada Bainama Registration
Eye Camp under Kanti Velugu Scheme
Various eye camps will be organized in different parts of the state for the identification and treatment of eye disorders. The important facilities and facilities being provided to the people in these eye camps under the Kanti Velugu scheme are as follows:
- Medical teams will organize eye camps. Each medical team will consist of 1 Medical Officer, 2-3 MPHS (Male) and (Female), 1-2 Optometrists, Pharmacists, 2-3 ASHA workers and 1 Data Entry Operator.
- Each team will get a full-time vehicle and will be equipped with the necessary equipment, materials and medicines to provide the services.
- In rural areas, the camps will be organized PHC-wise in all the Gram Panchayats in rural areas. In GHMC areas and other urban areas, the camps will be organized ward wise.
- The data of each person undergoing treatment will be electronically captured on a software. This will ensure tracking of follow-up services for correct surgery and delivery of glasses.
Expected Outreach of Kanti Velugu Scheme
|Overall Population covered||3.5 Crores|
|Total Glasses / Spectacles to be provided||41,05,808|
|People to be given Primary Care||50 Lakhs|
|People to be given Secondary Care||3,31,178|
|Number of people to be given Tertiary Care||14,283|
It is expected that the total budget of this scheme will be around 106.84 crores. Out of this, the state government will give Rs 84 crore, while the remaining Rs 24 crore will be tapped under the National Health Mission.
Progress of Kanti Velugu Scheme in Telangana
In 2018-19, the Kanti Velugu scheme helped about 2,96,402 lakh beneficiaries in the Rangareddy district alone with reading glasses and pamphlets. In the district-wise break-up, Rangareddy was the biggest beneficiary of the scheme with around 2,48,88a0 lakh beneficiaries followed by Hyderabad. The data was traced to an RTI filed by an advocacy group named Suraksha Society of Public and Good Governance.
Overall, 23,43,642 persons benefited from the reading glasses provided as part of the scheme. The number of doctors who received prescription glasses was 14,95,972. As per RTI, funds amounting to Rs 196.79 crore were allocated in the entire campaign plan and all were utilized within 1 year of scheme deployment.
Salient Features of Kanti Velugu Scheme
Here are the important features and features of Kanti Velugu Scheme in Telangana State:-
- To conduct eye examination and vision test for all citizens of the state.
- Provide glasses for free.
- Arrange for surgery and other treatments free of cost.
- Provide medicines for common eye ailments.
- Educate people on the prevention of serious disabling eye diseases.
Important Links :
Click Here to Telangana Lunch Box Scheme
If you have any query related to Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme then you can ask in below comment box, our team will try our best to help you. If you liked this information of ours, then you can share it with your friends so that they too can take advantage of this scheme.