tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in Login process has been started by Department of Telecommunications (DoT). TAF COP Consumer Portal will enable people to check list of mobile number registered on your ID. By making tafcop dg telecom gov in portal registration with mobile number / OTP, you can track SIM Card Connections linked with your aadhar card. Read this article till the end to know the process of how to check mobile numbers connected with aadhaar card on central government’s TAF-COP Portal.
TAFCOP means ‘Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection’. The new TAF COP portal will further tighten the safety from identity theft. Any aadhar card holder can check SIM cards issued in their name. We will tell you how to check mobile connections working in your name online.
About TAFCOP DG Telecom Gov In Portal
Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has taken several measures to ensure proper allocation of telecom resources by Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) to subscribers and protect their interests in ensuring reduction of frauds. As per existing guidelines, individual mobile subscribers can register up to 9 mobile connections in their name.
This TAFCOP DG Telecom Gov In website has been developed to help subscribers and to enable them to check the number of mobile connections working in their name. Taf Cop Consumer Portal also enable subscribers to take necessary action for regularising their additional mobile connections if any. However, the primary responsibility of handling the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) lies with the service providers.
The practice of eKYC with fingerprint verification came along for getting a new SIM card. It was not very hard for frauds to get a SIM card issued in anyone’s name. In order to tighten the safety from identity theft, the Department of Telecommunication recently launched a TAFCOP DG Telecom Gov In portal where any Aadhaar holder can check SIM cards issued in their name. The portal is called Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAFCOP). By following a few simple steps, you can check the list of mobile numbers issued in your name.
Check List of Mobile Numbers Registered on Your Aadhaar ID
- You will see an input field in the center of the tafcop dg telecom gov in portal homepage. You can enter your mobile number and click on the “Request OTP” button.
- Soon, you will get an OTP from DOT. Enter the OTP and click on the “Validate” button to make Tafcop DG Telecom Gov In Portal login
- If the OTP verification was successful, you will see a list of mobile numbers issued with your Aadhaar details. Note that if your number is activated as a corporate connection, all mobiles related to the connection will be listed.
- Look carefully at the numbers. If you do not recognize any of them, or if you do not use a number anymore, you can report them to the Department of Telecommunication from the portal itself.
- To report a number, select the checkbox on the left of the number, and click on the “This is not my number,” if you do not remember purchasing the number. For the numbers you do not need anymore, click on the “Not required” option.
- Finally, click on the Report button
If you do not have any inactive or suspicious numbers in your name, there is no need to report them. Now that there is a portal dedicated to this service, it is a good practice to keep checking your number regularly wherever you use your Aadhaar card with some external agency
Tracking SIM Card Connections Linked with Aadhar Card at TAF COP Portal
The facilities provided in this TAF-COP portal are as under:-
- Subscribers having more than nine multiple connections in their name will be intimated by SMS.
- Subscribers having more than nine multiple connections in their name can click here to take necessary action.
- Go check the status. Visit official Tafcop Dg Telecom Gov In Portal to login with your number and enter the “Ticket ID Ref No” in the “Request Status” box.