Prime Minister’s Livestock Disease Control Scheme | Pradhan Mantri National Animal Disease Control Program 2022
11 On September 2019, the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the “Livestock Disease Control Scheme” in Mathura. This plan is for animals For the control and elimination of foot and mouth disease (MFD) and brucellosis.
|scheme name||Livestock Disease Control Scheme|
|Scheme Implementation Date||11 September 2019|
|Objective of the plan||Control and elimination of foot and mouth disease and brucellosis in animals.|
|beneficiary||Indian farmer and pastoralist|
|target||The year 2025 control of the above diseases by the year 2030 and eradication by the year 2030.|
This program is fully sponsored by the Central Government. Expenditure amount 12652 ₹ Is. To bring down both these diseases, more than 60 crore animals will be vaccinated across the country.
Prime Minister’s Livestock Disease Control Scheme Foot and Mouth Disease
- It is known that hoof disease air mouth is a highly contagious disease occurring in animals with split hoof like – cow, buffalo, goat, pig etc.
- Picornaviridae of family Apthovirus The virus is the cause of this disease.
- Its symptom goes on the blister in the mouth and feet of the animal and later it bursts into a wound.
- Due to this disease, the milk production of milch animals decreases by about 80%.
Prime Minister’s Livestock Disease Control Scheme Brucellosis disease
- brucellosis One contagious Disease Is, that Brucella bacteria called (bacteria) happens from It is called Mediterranean fever (Mediterranean fever) or Malta fever (Malta fever Also known as.
- whole cattle, sheep, goat, horses, Dogs etc. are affected by this disease.
- This Disease Of cause animals Of Reproduction ability Influenced would have Is.
PM National Animal Disease Control Program Objectives
- Its objective is to increase the income of farmers and livestock owners by improving the health of animals.
- The program also includes vaccination of 36 million female bovine calves annually to control and eradicate Brucellosis disease.
- The objective of this scheme is to control and eradicate the diseases of foot and mouth and Brucellosis in animals.
- This program is done through vaccination in animals. Control of Foot and Mouth Disease and Brucellosis by 2025 to do and their elimination by 2030 is targeted to do.
- This is wholly centrally funded programme. whose year Outlay for the year 2019 to 2024 fixed at ₹ 12652 Is.
PM National Animal Disease Control Program 2022: Requirement
- Both the above diseases have direct negative impact on livestock products and milk trade.
- If a cow and a buffalo become infected with Foot and Mouth Disease, they almost stop giving milk and this condition can last for 4 to 6 months. Due to this, farmers and livestock farmers have to face a lot of financial problems.
- This program is also being seen as a target of the central government to double the income of farmers.
Target of Prime Minister Livestock Disease Control Scheme
- The goal of this scheme is on the foot and mouth disease and Brucellosis disease in animals. 2025 to control and
- The year 2030 until Above diseases of Elimination Doing This Plan of target Is.
Tagging of animals will be done under Livestock Disease Control and you will get Aadhar card ,
Under this scheme 51 crore animals vaccination twice a year Will be done. Animals that will be vaccinated tagging in their ears by giving animal base will be done. In addition, the animals health card will also be issued.
According to the data of the Ministry of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, 604 animals died due to hoof and mouth disease in the year 2018, out of which 363 animals died due to hoof and mouth disease in West Bengal. In the same year 2018, 6 animals died in India due to Brucellosis disease. Earlier, only large animals (cow and buffalo) were vaccinated against MFD, but under the Livestock Disease Control Scheme, small animals (sheep, goat, pig etc.) will also be vaccinated along with large animals.
brucellosis Vaccination for the disease will be done on a large scale. disease in animals infertility problem was coming Due to this, farmers and livestock farmers were facing a lot of problems. At the same time, the dairy industry was also declining due to this disease. This campaign will also improve the health of cattle.