Information related to Mustard Cultivation
Rye is grown for oily crop. Tauria, mustard and rye have a prominent place in oilseed crops. The edible oil from its crop is used as food and cake is used as fodder for animals. To get high quality and high yield, more profit can be obtained by adopting scientific method for the cultivation of rye. Rye oil is used in almost all homes, due to which its rate is also very high.
Before cultivating rye, it must be known how rye is sown, or what is the best time to sow rye. here you How to cultivate rye, improved cultivation of rye – time of sowing [राई की खेती का तरीका] what happens, Complete information is being given about it.
mustard price today
Requirements for the cultivation of rye (Mustard Cultivation Requirements)
- Cultivation of mustard can be done in any fertile black, loamy or sandy loam soil.
- The temperature of 20 ° C is appropriate in its cultivation.
- Cultivate it in flat and proper drainage land.
- It is a temperate plant, due to which it should be sown in cool weather.
- In the cultivation of rye, chemical fertilizers are also needed along with rotten dung manure.
- For good yield, irrigation should also be done at the right time.
Improved varieties of rye (Mustard Seeds Improved Varieties)
- Varun :- It takes 135 – 140 days for this variety to mature and become ready. Whose average yield is 20 to 22 quintals per hectare, and 42% oil content is found.
- Pusa Bold :- It takes 120 – 140 days for this variety to be ready. Its production per hectare is 18-20 quintals. Due to which up to 42% oil content is available.
- revolution :- This variety of rye gives yield of 20 to 22 quintals per hectare of field, and it takes 125 to 130 days for the crop to be ready. This variety gives up to 40% oil.
- Rajendra Rai Late :- It takes 105 to 115 days to prepare this variety, whose production is 12 to 15 quintals per hectare, and 41% oil content is available.
- Rajendra Friendly :- This variety, which matures in 105 to 115 days, gives 10 to 13 quintals of production per hectare of land, out of which 40% oil is available.
- Rajendra Sufalam :- The average yield per hectare of this variety is 12 to 15 quintals, giving 40% oil content. This crop takes 105 to 115 days to ripen.
Sowing time and quantity of rye seeds (Rye Seeds Sowing Time and Quantity)
For sowing mustard seeds in one hectare field, 5 KG seeds are required. These seeds are planted in rows at a distance of 30 cm in the field, keeping a distance of 10 cm between each plant. Plant the seeds in the field at a depth of 4 to 5 cm so that their accumulation can be done properly. Before sowing of these seeds, seed treatment is done with Captan / Thiram / Carbendazim 2.0 grams per kg of seeds. For sowing of mustard seeds, it can be done in time from 15 to 25 October and for late crop from 15 November to 7 December.
The amount of manure in the rye crop (Rye Crop Manure Amount)
While preparing the rye field, use 10 tonnes of decomposed compost per hectare of field. Apart from this, add 40 KG Sphoor, 60 KG Nitrogen and 40 KG Potash in the field. This amount of fertilizer fulfills the need of nutrients. Give half of the nitrogen and the full amount of potash and sphoor at the time of last plowing of the field, and give half the amount of nitrogen as a condition when the plants flower. Apart from this, use zinc, boron and sulfur according to the soil test. Use 20-20 KG of Sphoor, 30 KG of Nitrogen and Potash in unirrigated places.
mustard oil expeller machine
Pruning of rye plants (Rye Plants Pruning)
Pruning is necessary after 15 days of planting mustard seeds in the field. One of the plants planted in the row at a distance of 10-10 cm should be uprooted and removed except one healthy plant. The increase in yield is good when there is a proper distance between the plants in the row.
Irrigation and weed control in rye cropRye Crop Irrigation and Weed Control)
Rye and mustard plants require the same irrigation. First irrigation is to be done at the time of flowering and second irrigation is to be done at the time of pod formation. Apart from this, if moisture is visible in the field, do light irrigation. Apart from this, weeding has to be done 15-20 days after sowing the crop. Due to this, the roots of the crop plants get proper amount of air and light, and the growth of the crop is also good.
Rye crop pest and disease control (Rye Crop Pests and Control)
The attack of salt pest is seen in rye crop, for which prevention of monocrotophos 36 EC or 25 EC can be sprayed in the amount of one liter per hectare of the field. Apart from this, some white blister diseases, Alternaria blight and powdery mildew are the main diseases, to prevent from which spraying of Mancozeb 2 liters in 1000 liters of water per hectare is done 50 to 60 days before sowing.
Harvesting and yield of rye (Rye Harvesting and Yield)
Improved varieties of rye are ready for harvesting in 100 to 120 days. During this, when its pods start appearing yellowish-brown up to 75%, then harvest it. One hectare field of rye yields 16 to 22 quintals, and 40 to 42 percent oil content is obtained from grains. The market price of mustard oil is very good, and cake cakes also get good prices, due to which the farmers get good profit.
how to cultivate mustard