gst official website online enrollment Goods & Services Tax www.gst.gov.in has been launched by central govt & is now live for online enrollment for smooth transition to GST, check details here
GST Official Website
The official website of Goods and Services Tax gst.gov.in is now live and open for online enrollment for smooth transition to GST. GSTN, the company that is building the mega IT infrastructure for the roll-out of the new Goods and Services Tax regime in India, quietly launched the official portal www.gst.gov.in on November 8, the same day Narendra Modi launched 500 And announced the closure of 1000 rupee notes.
The government has already started the migration of VAT payers, service tax payers and Central Excise tax payers to the new Goods and Services Tax regime. 4 data centers have been set up in Delhi and Bangalore to secure massive data and support the IT infrastructure of the Goods and Services Tax regime. To know more about Goods and Services Tax or Online Enrollment, log on to www.gst.gov.in.
Also Read : PMAY Affordable Rental Housing Complex Scheme
What will the GST Portal do?
The Goods and Services Tax Portal will act as a single window for all taxpayers to pay their taxes easily and conveniently instead of the earlier various items and spectrums. All taxpayers including merchants, merchants and merchants can now pay their monthly/annual excise duty, service tax, VAT and all other direct/indirect taxes through debit/credit cards or NEFT/RTGS protocols. The portal will also act as an IT backbone for registering new businesses, filing e-returns and receiving refunds.
After the formal implementation of the Goods and Services Tax, the Goods and Services Tax has created a uniform tax structure across India. The transition of taxpayers has begun and the enrollment dates for the state-wise Goods and Services Tax transition are given below.
Goods and Services Tax Registration with Aadhar Card Number
The Goods and Services Tax Council has allowed the use of Aadhaar number as a proof of obtaining Goods and Services Tax registration. Now dealers can do GST registration with Aadhar card number, this decision has been taken in the first meeting of Goods and Services Tax Council after PM Narendra Modi government came to power again. All businesses will be allowed to use Aadhaar to register themselves on the Goods and Services Tax portal @ gst.gov.in.
The Goods and Services Tax Council has extended the tenure of the Anti-Profiteering Authority by 2 years. In addition, the council has imposed a penalty of up to 10% on businesses that do not pass on the benefit of rate cuts to consumers. The Goods and Services Tax Council has extended the deadline for filing annual returns under the Goods and Services Tax regime.
The new GST return filing system with one form will be applicable. The Goods and Services Tax Council has simplified the enrollment process for new firms and allowed the use of 12-digit Aadhaar number for obtaining registration. Aadhaar number is a 12 digit number issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) to the residents of India.
Also Read: PM Gati Shakti Yojana
Declaration of GST Registration by Aadhar Card Number
The announcements made by the Goods and Services Tax Council are as follows:-
- Businesses can now use Aadhaar card number to register with the Goods and Services Tax Network at gst.gov.in
- The tenure of the National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA) has been extended by 2 more years till 30 November 2021. This will ensure that companies pass on the benefit of lower goods and services rates to consumers. After the implementation of GST on 1st July 2017, Govt. It approved setting up of NAA for 2 years to deal with complaints by consumers against companies for not passing on the benefits of Goods and Services Tax rate cut. NAA was formed on 30th November 2017 and till now NAA has passed 67 orders in various cases and complaints.
- The Goods and Services Tax Council, chaired by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, and representatives of all states and union territories also approved electronic challaning system and e-ticketing in multiplexes. Electronic invoicing system will be rolled out in a phased manner for B2B transactions.
- In the GST Council meeting, the government also approved imposing a penalty of up to 10% of the profiteering amount on entities for not passing on the benefits of reduction in goods and services tax rates to consumers. Currently, the government imposes a maximum fine of Rs 25,000.
- In addition, the date for filing annual returns under the Goods and Services Tax regime has been extended by 2 months.
In the previous system, people had to submit proof of identity, proof of address and many other documents. Applicants can now go online and register on the GSTN portal to obtain the Goods and Services Tax Registration Number using their Aadhaar number and OTP authentication.
Click Here to PM Laghu Vyapari Mandhan Yojana
If you have any query related to GST Official Website Online Enrollment then you can ask in below comment box, our team will try our best to help you. If you liked this information of ours, then you can also share it with your friends so that they too can take advantage of this scheme.