Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project
National Industrial Corridor Development Program, Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor
Role of industrial corridors in economic development
What is the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project?
The Rajasthan government has planned to develop two special zones along the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) to boost the state’s growth and employment opportunities.
Key highlights of this plan
- Individual industrial corridor projects are being developed by the Government of India as part of the National Industrial Corridor Development Programme.
- The objective of this program of the government is to develop such industrial cities in India, which in future will be able to compete with the best manufacturing and investment destinations in the world, and will contribute significantly to the development of the country.
- These industrial corridors will boost employment opportunities and economic growth, which will ultimately lead to the overall socio-economic development of India.
- The total sanctioned amount for this program is about Rs 20,084 crore. Under the programme, 11 industrial corridor projects have been taken up, and a total of 30 projects will be developed under this program in four phases by the year 2024-25.
- The National Industrial Corridor Development and Implementation Trust (NICDIT) is functioning under the administrative control of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) for coordinated and integrated development of all industrial corridors that are in various stages of development and implementation.
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) is the first industrial corridor development project announced by the Government of India.
The implementing agency of this development project, the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC), was incorporated in the year 2008.
However in the year 2016 other industrial corridors across India were also included under the ambit of DMICDC and DMICDC was renamed as National Industrial Corridor Development and Implementation Trust (NICDIT).
The objective of the project is to build smart and sustainable industrial cities by taking advantage of high speed and connectivity, to reduce logistic costs.
All these industrial cities will be in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra etc.
This is the first time that India has adopted the process of planned urbanization with manufacturing as the major economic driver.
The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) aims to create a strong economic base with a world-class competitive industrial environment and state-of-the-art infrastructure to enhance local commerce and foreign investment and achieve sustainable development.
What is Industrial Corridor?
Different sectors of an economy are interdependent and industrial corridors, recognizing this interdependence, provide effective integration between industry and infrastructure, leading to overall economic and social development.
Industrial Corridor is basically a corridor consisting of multi-modal transport services, connecting two specific locations passing through different states.
Join us for information about government schemes
|Join us on Telegram||Click Here|
|To get updates of government schemes and government recruitments on Whatsapp, save this number in your mobile and send your name and address from Whatsapp by writing-||7878656697|
See the list of all government schemes of the central government from here
Check UP Sarkari Yojana List
rajasthan government scheme list
government scheme list for women